At Royal Existence our preschool classes are very popular. We offer 21 preschool classes during the week so there will be something to suit your schedule. We are a proud location of Ready Set Dance syllabus and the only studio in the Northern Territory to offer the program.
- Ready Set Dance is ideal for 2 – 5 year olds. Introduce your preschool boys and girls to creative movement and dance in these one-hour lessons, which combine elements of jazz, hip hop, singing, and music. They will have loads of fun while exploring their creativity and growing in confidence.
- Ready Set Ballet is a 30 minute class that teaches children the foundations of ballet whilst allowing them to experience the magic of the artform. Our passionate trainers love working with young movers in a fun, dynamic, and friendly environment. Our students benefit by developing coordination, body awareness, strength, and flexibility.
- Ready Set Move with Me is the perfect class for our youngest movers to take the first step into dance together with a grown up. It makes a significant contribution to play, development and learning. So come and bounce like a bunny, be slow like a sloth and create memories with you special little mover. This class is perfect for 18 month olds to 3 year olds.
- Mini Acro classes introduce the little ones to acrobatics. Mini Acro is suitable for children from 3 to 5 years old. They will safely learn basic tumbling skills such as somersault, do cartwheels and handstands, and splits—all while simply enjoying themselves.
Exploring Benefits of Preschool Dance Classes
Resilience is a character trait we all need, with confidence and a sense of belonging and worth. These characteristics play into various aspects of our lives daily: our ability to connect, communicate and take on the daily challenges that life presents. To equip your child with these traits is a weighty responsibility for parents, and making light of it is of the essence, especially for preschoolers. Preschool dance classes will create an entertaining environment for your little one to connect, express, learn about commitment and participation and last but not least – have fun, something we value highly.
Physical Benefits of Dance For Preschoolers
Building social skills from a young age is essential. Dance offers many benefits, one of which is making friends in the class environment. Let’s take a look at the many benefits of dancing for little ones.
- Develops fine motor skills including hand-eye coordination. Dance improves balance and flexibility. It also teaches spatial awareness: the ability to access, engage, and have an understanding of the space around you.
- Dancing is a way to relieve tension; when we become older, we use it to connect with our bodies, but dance for preschoolers serves as an energy release which, in turn, helps them with better focus and sleeping patterns.
- Music stimulates neurological development; this means that the steps and routines your preschooler learns help create new pathways in their brain. Neurological health is vital for everyone and learning new skills throughout our lives assist with keeping our brains healthy.
Mental Benefits of Dance
Humans are incredibly complex beings: we consist of mind, body, soul, and emotions. Looking after ourselves and our loved ones requires a combination of stimulation, care, and love – each speaking to a different part. Mental health is important, here we discuss some cognitive benefits of dance for the little ones:
- Dance for preschoolers boosts confidence and self-esteem. Being confident and at home in our body helps us throughout life. Should your child show an interest in performing or public speaking, this can be very helpful.
- Our closed door policy helps to build independence and increases focus in the classroom.
- In times of stress, we turn towards art to inspire and support us. It can be dance, drawing, singing, baking, or another activity. Having access to a form of expression helps us deal with challenging times. Dancing also exposes kids to different styles of music and dance.
- Dance is rooted in routine: it teaches your child commitment, practice, accountability, and preparation. These skills are invaluable in the school environment and workplace.
- Heading into big school soon? Developing independence is a huge growth milestone children gain when they experience having to say goodbye to parents for a short while during dance classes. This process is like a warm up practice for big school where the separation is around 6 hours long. We have many testimonies from parents who credit dance classes to helping their little one with such a huge transition.
About Royal Existence Dance Academy
We keep our classes small to guarantee that each student receives the attention they deserve to become the best hip-hop dancer possible. Our team of accredited instructors will teach you different dance styles in a welcoming and friendly environment, where no one will judge you if you make mistakes. Many of our instructors have danced from a young age and are passionate about sharing their knowledge and experience. Contact us for more information or to enrol in our classes.