Royal Existence Dance Academy is home to modern dance facilities, and we take pride in being a leading dance academy in Darwin. You can choose from the variety of dance styles that we teach, which range from classes for beginners to more advanced classes for dancers who aspire to become professional dancers. Our classes are inclusive, and we welcome anyone between the ages of 18 months and 18 years old.
A Dance Academy With Passion and Pride
Benefits of Dance Lessons
If you have danced before, you already know that you can enjoy so many benefits from dance lessons.
- If your children dance regularly, they can become more agile, flexible and develop better coordination. Their balance and spatial awareness often improve, as do their aerobic fitness and muscular strength.
- You will notice how much more self-confident your child will become by regularly attending dance classes. As our instructors teach them coordination, train them in new skills and affirm them, our students grow in self-esteem which benefits them in all areas of life.
- Another surprising benefit of attending dance classes is that it encourages children to be imaginative, curious, and creative in all areas of life.
Key Questions to Ask Royal Existence Dance Academy About Our Dance Studio
You may have questions about our classes and what we offer–we’ve identified a few that our members often ask:
- When can my child start the classes at your dance studio? We have lessons for little ones as soon as they learn to walk, all the way up to 18 years. We can tailor the dance experience to suit beginners and experienced dancers of all ages. Our classes for pre-schoolers include Ready Set Dance, Ready Set Ballet, Ready Set Move With Me and Mini Acro. Participating in Ready Set Move classes with a grown up is a great entry level to dance classes for our youngest movers, so there is something to suit all children.
- What will dance lessons cost? Click here to download the full fee structure. Our schedule is diverse, so it’s up to you to decide how many lessons your child will attend each week. On average our students attend 3x classes per week. We also offer private classes for individuals working towards competing at eisteddfods or wanting to progress faster with their technique.
- Do the students have to wear a uniform for classes? Here at Royal Existence, we have seen first hand how uniforms encourage team spirit and give students a sense of belonging at Royal Existence. Studio uniform is a wonderful way for students to prepare themselves for class and to be the best dancer they can be. Click here to download our Uniform Guide.
Why Trust Royal Existence Dance Academy Regarding Dance Lessons?
Here are 3 of the top reasons you can trust us:
- We are Student Focused – our mission is to empower young people to be the best version of themselves and launch them into their creative purpose, using dance as the platform to do so. We believe we can achieve this by providing quality training, encouraging creativity and fostering a culture of family. We endeavour to create a dance experience with the student’s needs as a priority.
- Excellent training – this goes for our teachers and our students. Our studio offers training in renown syllabi; Royal Academy of Dance, Ready Set Dance, Glenwood Tap, International Dance Technique and Acrolink. Our teachers all participate in annual teacher training and produce quality lesson plans that help students grow and progress to reach key milestones, skills and tricks. All teachers are educated in safe dance practices. Exams are encouraged at our studio as they offer proof of a student’s progression, however they are not compulsory.
- Great Communication – we are BIG on communication here at Royal Existence. You can reach us by phone, text, email or social media and it is our promise to get back to you in a timely manner. We also have our Parent & Student Facebook page exclusively for our dance family.
Our beautiful modern dance studio is just a short drive from Muirhead, Durack, Fanny Bay, Bayview, and Cullen Bay. Our teachers are passionate about what they do, offering training in seven different dance styles. Our facility includes three gorgeous studios and a comfortable waiting area. We keep our classes small with no more than 15 students at one time in one class. Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or if you’d like to sign up for a free trial lesson. We look forward to sharing our passion for dance with you and your children.
Academy Dance Classes - Darwin
We offer a variety of dance classes for all ages and abilities, from tiny tots and beginners to adults and professional level students. You’ll find our classes welcoming and encouraging as we aim to teach through positivity and support. Enrol for a FREE trial class to find out if the style you have chosen is suitable for you or your child. Click here to get started with a free class or view the various dance style below.
Get a Free Dance Lesson
Whether your goal is to reach the world stage or simply build new skills, we have a class for you. Get started with a FREE dance lesson.